Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Robert the Hero King

I had wanted to have a Bruce month this year like I did for Wallace last year, but it's come up on me faster than I expected, and I have not had the time to do any real research on Robert the Bruce. Wallace, I didn't really have to do any research on because I've read so many things on him and written two books about him to boot, but Robert, while I know his story, do not know enough to spontaneously write a bunch on posts on! However, instead of a history lesson you can find in any book, I have decided to focus more on the legends surrounding Robert the Bruce and his companions. Stories like Bruce and the Spider and some about James the Good the Black Douglas. I'm come to the conclusion over the years that historians may try to write the truth, but it's always the folklore in history that people remember and those are the stories that have gone down the generations.

So that's what I am going to do for you this month. I'll probably not get as much writing in as I had wanted, but I will definitely enjoy writing some of my favorite stories from Robert the Bruce's time period. If there's any particular thing you would like me to write about, please let me know.

Now, the reason I chose June for my Bruce month is because the Battle of Bannockburn in on the 24th. I talked about that last year, so this year, I want to tell more about Bruce. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or questions.

I'll go for now, I'll be back soon with another post! =)

Slainte, Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment